MAKE THIS AT HOME | TOFU FETA
The plant-based cheese that every kitchen needs.
If you follow our friend Erin Ireland (you’re missing out if you don’t!), you may have seen her share our Tofu Feta recipe on her blog. A true staple for every vegan kitchen, we figured it was about time we share it on our own blog! It’s super easy to make, tastes delicious, and is a great addition to any meal.
- 12 oz firm tofu (one block)
- 5 oz refined* coconut oil (melted) *refined doesn’t give off a coconut taste
- 1 fl oz lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1.5 tsp onion powder
- Blend all ingredients together until extremely smooth. You may need to stop, scrape down the sides and blend some more a few times.
- Once completely smooth, place your soft mixture into a container or appropriately shaped mold and seal with a cover. Place in fridge until firm – we recommend at least three hours or overnight.
That’s it! Now crumble it over your favourite salad, pasta, pizza, or whatever else your heart desires. Be sure to tag us @virtuous_pie to show us your tasty creations!