MAKE THIS AT HOME | SUPERFUNGHI
We're sharing one of our best kept secrets...
Many of us are finding ourselves stuck at home with a whole lot of extra time on our hands these days. The way we see it, it’s the perfect opportunity to spend some time experimenting in the kitchen. And today, we’re sharing one of our staple pizza recipes: the Superfunghi!
Use your favourite dough recipe, or pick up a crust from your local grocery store. After the dough, there are three parts to the Superfunghi: Herbed Potato Cream, Mushrooms Duxelle, and Truffle Almond Ricotta.
YIELDS ~8 PIZZAS
Herbed potato cream
- 500 g Yukon gold potatoes, cut in 2″ pieces
- 2.5 g fresh thyme, roughly chopped
- 2.5 g fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 7 g nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup cold water
- Steam potatoes over high heat until tender and soft, about 14 minutes.
- While still hot, place potatoes in food processor along with all other ingredients.
- Puree until smooth, adjusting seasoning to taste.
- Spread mixture onto parchment lined baking sheets and allow to cool.
- Refrigerate until needed.
- 1/2 lb wild mushrooms
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine all ingredients together in a bowl and toss until mushrooms are evenly coated.
- Place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes or until moisture has evaporated, stirring once midway.
- Remove from oven and refrigerate until fully cooled.
TRUFFLE ALMOND RICOTTA
- 3/4 cup blanched skinless almonds, soaked and drained
- 2/5 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 14 g nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp truffle oil
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Pizza Dough / Crust
- 1 scoop herbed potato cream
- 1 scoop mushroom duxelle
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 28 g truffle almond ricotta
- 12 pieces arugula
- Preheat oven and pizza stone to 500 F.
- If using dough: stretch out one portion of pizza dough into a 10″ to 12” circle.
- Spread out one scoop of herbed potato cream to within 1/4” of crust.
- Add mushrooms evenly around the perimeter of the pizza avoiding the center 2.5”.
- Cook pizza for 10 to 13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Drizzle entire cooked pizza with olive oil, including the rim.
- Garnish with truffle almond ricotta and arugula. Enjoy!