WHO WE ARE
Virtuous Pie is an elevated fast-casual plant-based/vegan restaurant, focused on handcrafted pizza and ice cream, all made in-house.
Our mission is to change the way people eat and mobilize positive change in the world—one slice (or scoop!) at a time.
We are focused on great taste, innovation, and surprise that extends from our product to customer service to the design of our space and to how we connect to culture and our communities.
We are looking for Kitchen Leaders to help manage our BOH team at our first ever Victoria location!
THE POSITION: Kitchen Leader
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operations – Kitchen Leaders are responsible for managing the kitchen side of restaurant in the absence of the Head/Sous Chef, including food safety, efficient execution of the menu, s tock control, among others.
- People Development – The Kitchen Leader will be responsible for training all BOH staff to when the Sous Chef is not present to create an outstanding work culture and uphold our high standards of customer service.
- Oversee a Low Cost Culture – Virtuous Pie is a high quality provider of plant-based pizza, but we’re still need mindful of keeping costs as low as possible without sacrificing safety and customer experience.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 3 or more years’ experience in a professional kitchen, with 1 in a management role.
- Computer Skills, I.E. Excel, Word, etc.
- Demonstrated commitment to health and safety.
- Commitment to customer service.
- An ability to lead and inspire your team and perform cleanly and efficiently.
- An ability to manage restaurant systems to ensure flawless operations.
- Experience in opening of a new restaurant a plus.
- Love pizza, hopefully plant-based pizza.
$14-17/ Hour Depending on Experience/Position + TipPool + Staff Discounts
OUR TEAM IS ABOUT #ThatPlantLife
Our team is a dynamic and passionate group. While it may start within the doors of Virtuous Pie, it goes beyond that. We offer opportunities to get involved in our Virtuous Pie events, charity activities, staff appreciation and events, industry education and internal growth opportunities for those who are passionate and interested in pursuing careers within our fast growing business.
|Job Category||Back Of House|