Jobs | Junior Sous Chef – Wesbrook Village (Full Time)
Junior Sous Chef
GET TO KNOW US
We are a fast growing company on a mission to start a movement that changes the way people eat by bringing sustainable addicting food to the masses, that is fast, healthy, affordable, and always delicious.
To do this, we conceive, create, and serve a chef-driven plant based menu, focused on pizza and ice cream, with innovative addicting flavours, in a design led and locally inspired fast-casual restaurant.
OUR FOOD IS
We are looking for both a Day and Night Junior Sous Chef to join our growing team in Vancouver, Canada! We need someone with an amazing personality as well a good mix of corporate and independent experience. We want you to OWN the restaurant and run it as if it’s yours. See below for requirements and get back to us if your interested.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Personal alignment with Virtuous Pie’s vision, values and team culture
- Proven leadership and exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and inter-functional team environment
- High standard of professionalism and attention to detail
- An excellent coach who is disciplined, honest and leads by example
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain a timeless and clean environment
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The candidate will be responsible for, but not exclusive to:
- Opening the restaurant early morning and ensuring all equipment has been turned on, set up aprons and cloths for every partner,
- Taking temperature/chemical checks as per protocol, checking during store walk that closing was done properly.
- Assessing timesheet for the day and mapping a plan to run a successful service, as well as ensuring timesheet for prior night has been correctly filled and approved.
- Organize and audit day team counts and days to ensure all items will be available and run quality checks.
- Successfully completing a prep day on any station (Produce, Sauce, Line Set)
- Being able to follow a routine and do Pre shift, Line Check, Problem Solving before, during and after service.
- Learning and successfully doing counts to place an order to different vendors on specific days. As well as auditing receive on delivery days.
- Ensure the prep team will finish their day in time, with a full shut down of the kitchen by the end of the shift as well as filling out a log of notes about the day.
- Leadership, Partnership and Organization skills, Labour awareness, Waste/Food cost awareness, FoodSafe.
|Job Category||Back Of House, Sous Chef|