GET TO KNOW US
Founded in Vancouver by passionate foodies, Virtuous Pie was created to provide great-tasting pizza + ice cream for our bodies and the planet.
Innovation + surprise are at the core of our culinary efforts. From day one, we decided that we would take a handcrafted approach to our menus. Our hand-stretched dough, beloved plant-based cheese, and creamy small-batch ice creams are all created by our dedicated kitchen team in-house.
Every day our restaurant team members bring the Virtuous Pie vision to life, whether it be in kitchen executing a special-order pizza or assisting a customer to select the perfect scoop for dessert.
OUR FOOD IS
We are looking for a Head Chef to open & run our Victoria B.C. location. We need someone with a go-getter personality, who is confident leading and developing a team. Our ideal candidate has a good mix of corporate and independent experience, and is ready to take ownership of the back of house and set the standard for all employees. Please see below for the role requirements and be sure to apply if you believe you’re a fit! We’re looking to fill this role starting October of 2019 – with the restaurant targeted for open in December 2019. Pre-open onboarding and training will take place in Vancouver, BC.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years as a Sous Chef, Chef, or cumulative experience in the restaurant industry
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and inter-functional team environment
- Demonstrated experience leading operations and related administrative work that is required in maintaining a restaurant business, including constructing and hitting budget targets
- Strong attention to details and cleanliness
- Proven leader and coach, invested in team development
- Leads by example in providing exceptional customer service
- Personal alignment with Virtuous Pie’s vision, values and team culture
- Ability to travel to take part in future restaurant opens or as a part of the on-going training team in other locations
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The candidate will be responsible for, but not exclusive to:
Lead restaurant operations while on shift
Ensure our standards of service are met daily
Ensure fast ticket times without losing accuracy
Ensure a consistent high quality of food is being provided to our guests
Ensure health and safety of our customers and employees is the top priority every day
Implement daily training to ensure health & safety standards are met
- Maintaining and using program likes CTUIT, Revel, + PayWorks
- Write and distribute schedules consistently
- Planning and executing budget to meet the store’s key business KPIs including labour, COGs and controllables
- Be proactive by troubleshooting inconsistencies and identify opportunities to improve restaurant operations
- Ensure all financial, personnel and payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Maintaining CTUIT inventory weekly counts sheets, recipes and variance reports
- Create and maintain order guides
- Create and maintain relationships with vendors
PEOPLE + GUEST EXPERIENCE:
Perform HR duties alongside the General Manager including hiring, training, ongoing coaching, conflict resolution in accordance to our workplace policies, and employee performance reviews
- Ongoing training to keep partners up to date on all VP operations and ensure standards of customer service
- Regular reviews with partners, focused on development and growth
- Pre and post shift meetings with partners and leaders
- Hosting full staff, leader, and manager meetings
- Resolve customer complaints and ensure quality customer services
- Set the standard of customer service through leading by example
Salary + Bonus + Benefits depending on experience.
|Job Category||Head Chef|