Jobs | Head Chef – CHINATOWN (FT)
Virtuous Pie is an elevated fast-casual restaurant, focused on handcrafted pizza and ice-cream (made from plants).
GET TO KNOW US
We are a fast growing company on a mission to start a movement that changes the way people eat by bringing sustainable addicting food to the masses, that is fast, healthy, affordable, and always delicious.
To do this, we conceive, create, and serve a chef-driven plant based menu, focused on pizza and ice cream, with innovative addicting flavours, in a design led and locally inspired fast-casual restaurant.
OUR FOOD IS
We are looking for a Head Chef to run our flagship Chinatown location in Vancouver, Canada! We need someone with an amazing personality as well a good mix of corporate and independent experience. We want you to OWN the restaurant and run it as if it’s yours. See below for requirements and get back to us if your interested.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Personal alignment with Virtuous Pie’s vision, values and team culture
- 2+ years as an Sous Chef/Chef or cumulative experience in the restaurant industry
- Proven leadership and exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and inter-functional team environment
- High standard of professionalism and attention to detail
- An excellent coach who is disciplined, honest and leads by example
- Demonstrated experience leading operations and related administrative work that is required in starting up and maintaining a new restaurant business
- Ability to travel to the USA and across Canada to take part in future openings/training
- Ability to hit Labour, COG and Controllable Targets
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain a timeless and clean environment
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The candidate will be responsible for, but not exclusive to:
- Consistent high quality of food and beverage inventory, preparation and service
- Lead operations during hours of service
- Ensure all financial, personnel and payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Responsible for HR/hiring; training, scheduling, payroll, operations, monitoring, coaching and
reviewing of employees
- Control Inventory, ordering and labor cost system with the collaboration of Head Chef and
- Resolve customer complaints and ensure quality customer services
- Creating positive and long lasting relationships with team, guests and other colleagues
- Food and Employee Safety — the first priority is the health and safety of customers and employees. The management team will oversee a comprehensive health and safety plan and training program and will make implementation a daily activity throughout the organization.
- Operations — Responsible for all day to day operations of the restaurant including hiring, ensuring great food and customer service, training, dealing with guests, and ensuring we are the best run and most loved restaurant.
- People Development — Training all employees to maintain a strong work culture and brand identity as well as uphold standards of customer service and guest care.
- New Openings –Assist with hiring and training at all new store openings across the company.
- Operations — Ensure restaurant is firing on all cylinders by being a hands on leader that sets the example, ensures perfect food, and treats the business as his/her own.
- We are a high quality provider of plant-based pizza but this does not mean that we are not mindful of keeping costs as low as possible without sacrificing safety and customer experience.
45-60k + Bonus + Benefits depending on experience.
|Job Category||Head Chef|