WHO WE ARE
Virtuous Pie is an elevated fast-casual plant-based/vegan restaurant, focused on handcrafted pizza and ice cream, all made in-house.
Our mission is to change the way people eat and mobilize positive change in the world –one slice (or scoop!) at a time.
We are focused on great taste, innovation, and surprise that extends from our product to customer service to the design of our space and to how we connect to culture and our communities.
We are looking for an AGM to support and help run the brand-new opening of our very FIRST Victoria restaurant, located on Pandora Street, Chinatown! We need someone with an amazing personality as well a good mix of corporate and independent experience. We want you to OWN the restaurant and run it as if it’s yours during your shifts. See below for requirements and get back to us if you’re interested.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Personal alignment with Virtuous Pie’s vision, values and team culture
- 2+ years as General Manager/Assistant GM or cumulative experience in the restaurant industry
- Proven leadership and exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and inter-functional team environment
- High standard of professionalism and attention to detail
- An excellent coach who is disciplined, honest and leads by example
- Demonstrated experience leading operations and related administrative work that is required in starting up and maintaining a new restaurant business
- Ability to travel to the Canada to take part in future openings/training
- Must have bartender and cocktail experience. This is a mandatory requirement.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The candidate will be responsible for, but not exclusive to:
- Consistent high quality of food and beverage inventory, preparation and service
- Lead and support operations during hours of service
- Ensure all financial, personnel and payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Responsible for assisting the GM with HR/hiring; training, scheduling, payroll, operations, monitoring, coaching and reviewing of employees
- Control Inventory, ordering and labour cost system with the collaboration of Head Chef, GM and Executive team
- Resolve customer complaints and ensure quality customer services
- Creating positive and long-lasting relationships with team, guests and other colleagues
- Food and Employee Safety — the first priority is the health and safety of customers and employees. The management team will oversee a comprehensive health and safety plan and training program and will make implementation a daily activity throughout the organization.
- Operations — Responsible for all day to day operations of the restaurant ensuring great food and customer service, training, dealing with guests, and ensuring we are the best run and most loved restaurant.
- People Development — Training all employees to maintain a strong work culture and brand identity as well as uphold standards of customer service and guest care.
- New Openings — Assist with hiring and training at all new store openings across the company.
- Operations — Ensure restaurant is firing on all cylinders by being a hands-on leader that sets the example, ensures perfect food, and treats the business as his/her own.
Depending on Experience + Tip Pool + Free Meals on Shift
OUR TEAM IS ABOUT #ThatPlantLife
Our team is a dynamic and passionate group. While it may start within the doors of Virtuous Pie, it goes beyond that. We offer opportunities to get involved in our Virtuous Pie events, charity activities, staff appreciation and events, industry education and internal growth opportunities for those who are passionate and interested in pursuing careers within our fast growing business.
|Job Category||Assistant General Manager|